This post is a portion of Part 2 in my on going series about 2D Game Development using the Allegro 5 library. These posts are in course order. You can see all of the posts in this course by clicking the “2D Game Development” button at the top of this site.
- Part 2.0: 2D Graphic Basics
- Part 2.1: Starting the Code
- Part 2.2: Initializing Allegro Graphics
- Part 2.3: Using Fonts and Text
- Part 2.4: Graphical Primitives
This video walks you through creating ALLEGRO_FONT objects, initializing the font addons, and writing to the screen.
Fill source code can be downloaded here.
Notice that the source code is slightly different from the video? Here is why.