This post is a portion of Part 5 in my on going series about 2D Game Development using the Allegro 5 library. These posts are in course order. You can see all of the posts in this course by clicking the “2D Game Development” button at the top of this site.
- 5.0 – Our First Game
- 5.1 – Our First Game: The Player
- 5.2 – Our First Game: Timing and Movement
- 5.3 – Our First Game: The Projectiles
- 5.4 – Our First Game: The Enemies
- 5.5 – Our First Game: Collision Detection
- 5.6 – Our First Game: Game Logic
- 5.7 – Our First Game: Conclusion
In this video we begin looking at our projectile object. Different from the player object, the projectile needs to handle being updated automatically.
Full source can be found here.
Notice that the source code is slightly different from the video? Here is why.