This post is a portion of Part 5 in my on going series about 2D Game Development using the Allegro 5 library. These posts are in course order. You can see all of the posts in this course by clicking the “2D Game Development” button at the top of this site.
- 5.0 – Our First Game
- 5.1 – Our First Game: The Player
- 5.2 – Our First Game: Timing and Movement
- 5.3 – Our First Game: The Projectiles
- 5.4 – Our First Game: The Enemies
- 5.5 – Our First Game: Collision Detection
- 5.6 – Our First Game: Game Logic
- 5.7 – Our First Game: Conclusion
In this video, we look at making our game interactive by adding collision detection. We don’t do anything too extreme though, just basic bounding box magic.
Full source can be found here.
Notice that the source code is slightly different from the video? Here is why.